Monday, March 09, 2009

To the ACC Tourney..and March Madness!!!

Hello.

I attended Senior Day for the Men's Basketball Team. If I only go to one game a year it's that one. We played a Va Tech team that was fighting for their NCAA lives and fell WAY short of the mark.

I've decided after watching a lot of ACC basketball in the past couple weeks is that we have the worst officiating crews in the NCAA. The Duke-UNC was horribly called and our game was called just as bad. There's one thing for letting the kids play the game but when people are getting mugged on the court and no calls are made that's another thing. I've noticed in the last couple years when Duke gets into the NCAAs that they expect calls that other officiating crews won't give them...the "We're Duke" mantra doesn't work when the SEC or Big 12 calls a game...no wonder they get bounced early.

Anyway, I look forward to our matchup Friday. We'll play the winner of the Ga Tech/Clemson game. I'm hoping for a Ga Tech win because it's really hard to beat a team 3 times in a season..and I just have a feeling we're not going to get calls again...I hate to harp on that subject!!

I'll be scouting the matchups as soon as the Play-in games are completed.

Peace, Love and Thick Blankets!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google