Monday, October 30, 2006

Damn it, but...

...I do love my Carrie Bradshaw D'Orsay pumps. Hell, I can't afford Manolo Blahniks (yet), but Charles Dave has provided reasonable facsimiles that sit in a place of honor in my closet.

I just need to find an opportunity to wear them. The opera, perhaps? Hmmm...

As for my thoughts on Sex and the City as it impacts America's coke-snorting youth...well...Lindsay Lohan is clearly attempting to sound worldly (my sig other will appreciate that reference) and precocious. But really, she just sounds...trashy.

And yes, there's a clear double-standard where quantity of sex partners is concerned. Women who take on numerous partners are considered sluts or whores (Fingercuffs, anyone?), whereas men who do the same are high-fived and called studs.

(I prefer to think of them as manwhores.)

Man, I wish Jeff Bowden and his manservant Dickey were coaching manwhores...then we could sell them to another pimp...I mean, college coaching staff.

Sigh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMO, women who sleep around are sluts/whores (depending on whether they hold out for dinner), and I wouldn't hesitate to use the same standard for men. Sex without strings sounds nice in theory, but doesn't work in practice. Instead you just get saddled with all sorts of emotional issues and wonder why you aren't happy.

My personal views dictate waiting until marriage. I realize that especially in today's society that doesn't happen more often than not. But casual sex outside of a committed relationship is a recipe for disaster. The Hollywood types who spread themselves around do a real disservice to young girls.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google