Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Wait a second...


...guys actually lie about their number of sexual conquests?

Say it ain't so, Robbie...say it ain't so...

My roommate is convinced of the adage that when men list a total, it should be divided, while a woman's public total should be multiplied.

Frankly, I think it's hilarious when a guy does the whole Penthouse Forum braggadoccio - it smacks of desperation and a peculiar need to be thought of as some sort of coital hero. It's kind of like those guys who hide behind their anonymous internet personas - they may be Big Man on the Virtual Campus of a message board, but in reality they tend to be lame Barney Fife doppelgangers.

That said, it strikes me that some women are now doing the same, and that traditional gender roles have gone out the window, and in some cases, reversed. Many women now brag about their sex lives, ala Samantha Jones (Kim Cattrall's character on Sex and the City).


Don't get me wrong - I'm all for gender equality where applicable. But I guess in some ways I'm a throwback to the Donna Reed era - I wince at the thought of bragging about my personal life. To me, that's the key word - personal. It should be private, and not fodder for amusement for internet bullies like I see trolling the web.

Besides, I was always more like Kristin Davis' character, Charlotte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google