Monday, November 20, 2006

Ask her....

I've heard it many times, things like, "I don't know what to say," or "I don't how to ask her out." Asking a girl out for the first date can be the most nerve-racking thing that a man ever does, even (and maybe especially) if that girl and he have been friends for quite a while.

Rule 1 guys. Be yourself. Have that in your mind before you say the first word, give the first glance, before you do anything. Why do I say that? Because women are experts in sniffing it out if you're full of it. It might not be today. It might not be tomorrow, but if you are being fake they will find out, and they probably won't like it.

Next thing: The "lines" are generally stupid, cheesy, and yes the girl has probably heard it before. Just walking up and saying hi will probably get you a lot farther than some intro line everybody thought was cool in 8th grade.

OK, now that's done, so here are a couple more tips to get her on a date.
- Show her your sense of humor. A women loves a man that can make her laugh.
- Give off an air of confidence without being cocky. It just shows you feel good about yourself.
- Look her in the eye when you are talking (well, without being creepy). I mean talking in a low voice and staring at your glass or the table won't score many points.

That's the basics. Don't get discouraged if you think some girl is out of your league before even talking to her. You never know. I mean, I'm not the studliest guy in the world by any means, but I did get dinner with a couple of girls that I thought were way out of my league (before I met my wife of course). How? I got them laughing, and then I ASKED.

That's the big thing fellows. ASK. All it has to be is "I've enjoyed talking with you. Could I have your number (or could we have dinner sometime)?" I say "all", but once you're in the flow of a conversation, it can come easily.

Just start the conversation, and let it go from there. And guys, if you say you are going to call somebody, call them. There is no 2-3 day rule or anything. Just call the girl if you say you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google