Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Patience, me boyo

The other day, I was talking to a friend of mine. He had just broken up with his recent girl friend, and of course he was bummed. I had to tell him my story, and I'll re-tell it here. Maybe somebody will see it and it will make a difference to them.

In college, I was dating this girl I thought was the greatest. We did everything together. She was a beautiful girl. Way too pretty for me, I sometimes thought. She was smart, and she had a personality and smile that could brighten even the darkest room. I thought everything was great. However, the one problem I was worried about reared its ugly head.

You see, this girl was a little older than me, and when she graduated, she moved to her job. The problem was that I was working also. Well, as many stories like this go, the time apart, the lack of quality time (even when we were together), and conflicting schedules got in the way. Eventually, feelings faded and the realtionship was over. I was hurt, but brighter days were ahead.

Just a couple months later, I went to an accounting class and this pretty, petite blonde walked in. Something about her struck me from the very beginning. Finally, I got up the nerve to ask her out. When we went out, it was like I had known her my whole life. Everything was easy, and being with her made me forget all about everything in the past. Then, one day out of the blue it happened. She didn't come to class, and I found a note on my windshield. Turns out, she was starting to have feelings for me, and it scared her to death. She broke up with me, and it broke my heart. I thought she was the one.

From there, I languished in a few, brief, bad relationships. That is, until one day THREE YEARS LATER, I came home from work to find a message that the girl from my accounting classes that broke my heart had called me and wanted me to call her back. I remember that we talked for almost 3 hours that night. We went out a few days later. Today, we have been married for 7 years, and have a littleboy.

I guess the moral of the story is...don't give up. If the relationship with my previous girl friend had not ended when it did, I would never have met the woman who would be my wife. In the Book of Life, when something ends, turn the page. The story may just be getting good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarcasm Abounds said...

I'm glad it had a happy ending! Nice story.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google