Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Things I love about New Orleans.

Feel free to jump in here, folks.

I grew up 3 hours east of New Orleans, and moved up here in April/May when my company transferred me. Upside? I know the area pretty well, and I am closer to my family during this weird post-Dad time. Downside? Jeebus, could the streets be any worse? Oh, and I'm thinking that Dave and I should post a "Battered Womens' Shelter" sign outside our house. And I don't remember Central City existing before Katrina.

Regardless, I digress.

Here are things I absolutely adore about New Orleans:
-Po-boys and gravy cheese fries at Parasol's
-Mojitos at St. Joe's
-Brunch on a lazy Sunday at The Columns
-The abundant availability of Abita
-Being a Saint
-Walking down to CC's on Magazine on Saturdays with my amazing boyfriend and our strangely well-behaved (in public, at least) collie
-Wednesday nights at the Bulldog with all of my new friends
-Zephyrs games
-Stuffed artichokes at Franky and Johnny's
-Having a random passerby observe the following about our dog: "That's a bald-ass Lassie."
What are your favorite memories of New Orleans? Moreover, who do you think we'll see in the Sugar Bowl and BCS Title Game in January 2008 here in the Big Easy?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't fair . . . I'm already homesick as it is.

C. (Rebecca would kill you if I called off the wedding to move back to New Orleans.) Lavie

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google